PEACEFUL WARRIORS - A peaceful warrior resides within each of us.
RSS

Trauma
Veterans
Welcome
powered by

My Blog

Internal Emergency Response Team

emergency lightEmergency workers, police officers, and firefighters are also prone to the kind of high level stress that our military personnel face.

They are plagued with on-going hyper-vigilance in order to be on call at any moment.  They must be ready to respond at a moment's notice.  This kind of high-level stress can take place while on the job in combat or on patrol on the streets, but it can also take place during training exercises.   The constant stress of being called at any moment to handle a dangerous or potentially emotionally jarring situation builds up in the body and the mind.  Over time those moments that were shut away will eventually rise to the surface because the brain begins to demand that it be processed.  It has been my experience that when it does surface, it rears its' ugly head in ways that we often don't understand.  Little things start to break apart around us and it begins to feel as if pieces of ourselves are chipping away and we can't catch them fast enough to put them back in place.

Developing a daily meditation practice may over time help a person to reconnect their mind and body, so that they can better handle the stress that occurs from day to day.  It's like setting up an emergency response system inside our own minds.  When stress occurs we often act on it, but what if we called in our own personal emergency response neurons to help us keep things in perspective.  If we train our internal emergency response team to know what to do in the event of high-level stress, we are more likely to be able to respond to life in a way that doesn't shut us away from the best parts of ourselves in the process.

*image: Google Images

7 Comments to Internal Emergency Response Team:

Comments RSS
Web copywriting in Cleveland Ohio on Monday, December 23, 2013 2:35 AM
I was looking for something like this ,Thank you for posting the great content… blog Internal Emergency Response Team…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs keep it up...............
Reply to comment

Peaceful Warriors Meditation and Energy Work on Monday, December 23, 2013 12:01 PM
Peaceful Warrior on Monday, December 23, 2013 11:59 AM Thanks so much for your response. I'm glad it's helpful to you. Please continue to share with those you know. It's been a long road of personal experiences and I am honored to be at a place where I can share what I've learned and offer some complementary tools to help others travel the same road.
Reply to comment

3 day First Aid Course on Wednesday, December 03, 2014 7:29 AM
When i would like to let you know that we was actually believe you along with your weblog is truly beneficial. In all honesty to say that we have encountered this kind of difficulty once a period of time nevertheless never have got any kind of option at that time.
Reply to comment

rolex daytona price on Thursday, January 08, 2015 12:59 PM
My wife and i got comfortable Michael could finish up his researching because of the precious recommendations he had from your site. It is now and again perplexing to just choose to be giving away solutions which the others might have been selling. And we also fully understand we've got the writer to thank for that. The main illustrations you have made, the straightforward blog navigation, the friendships your site aid to foster - it's got all astounding, and it's really helping our son in addition to our family understand the issue is pleasurable, which is certainly extremely indispensable. Many thanks for everything!
Reply to comment

Peaceful Warriors Meditation and Energy Work on Thursday, January 08, 2015 7:12 PM
You are very welcome. Thank you for sharing this with me. I had to find my own way to handle PTSD and with so many others suffering, I can't help but feel the soldiers were right. I know something about the process and I have reclaimed the land within my own soul, so sharing with others is not only the right thing to do, it is the necessary thing to do. I wish your family continued healing and understanding.
Reply to comment

Peaceful Warriors Meditation and Energy Work on Thursday, January 08, 2015 7:15 PM
Thank you for your comments. They are sincerely appreciated. I share what I know because of the soldiers who encouraged me to "own" my experiences and share my perspective. They believe it unlocked doors for them and made them consider a new perspective. I hope that it continues to do that for others. Owning our path is the step towards making all of the care we receive much more beneficial and effective. The mind is truly the key to helping the body heal. Thank you again.
Reply to comment

Free Stock Market Tips on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:50 AM
Emergency response team it gives a life to the internal injuries happens in the team also protect several things with a quick response on every matter happens to be solved in the minute.
Reply to comment